Milan is one of the fashion capitals of the world so it only makes sense that ‘shopping’ sits right at the top on the Milan to-do list. During my stay in Milan, I was highly inspired by the everyday style of its residents. Unlike laid-back Sydney, people in Milan were highly ‘put-together’ and I rarely saw a woman without a luxury designer handbag.
I have put together a list of 5 stores you must visit on your trip to Milan.
1. Zara near Duomo- this may sound boring as Zara is available worldwide, however the Zara near the Duomo is like a fashion museum! As I walked in, a grand double staircase lined with impeccably dressed mannequins welcomed me. The Dolce & Gabbana-esque styling made me double check if I was actually in Zara. The type of clothing that was stocked here was definitely a reflection of the fashion-aware city.
2. Bershka near Duomo- a part of the Zara group, Bershka is its cheaper cousin. Bershka isn’t as widely spread as Zara so this double storey monstrosity was heaven for me. Bershka products are highly inspired by Zara but everything is about half the price. I picked up a heap of stuff including the top and pants below.
3. Yamamay- anyone that has been to Europe has probably come across a Yamamay. It is a lingerie brand, available exclusively in Europe. The high quality and affordable prices meant that I stocked up for a few years! We all love Victoria’s Secret but everyone that has bought any lingerie from VS knows that the quality is questionable. Yamamay provides the same fantastic design with amazing quality!
4. Galleria Vittorio Emanuele- this isn’t an individual store but a shopping palace that houses every luxury brand you can think of. If you do go to Milan, you will definitely Galleria Vittorio Emanuele so if you have any high end items on your shopping list, this is the place to buy them. I bought my Gucci Marmont (below) from here and as it is Gucci’s highest traffic store in Milan, there were a lot of highly trained sales assistants. The experience was impeccable.
5. Rinascente- this department store in the shadows of Duomo is perfect to pick up gifts and a tonne of make up. Every make up brand from Chanel to Mac has a counter which allows you to try on products before you buy them. I spent hours browsing through the store and stocked up on foundation and lipsticks.
Thank you so much for reading!
Subscribe to get notified on the Italy and Ladakh Blog Posts.